Why rent your SPOT Gen 3 Tracker with GTC?
- Excellent value for money at £4 per day including all messages* and delivery
- NO Deposit required
- Book your satellite tracker rental online
- We are experts in SPOT Trackers with over 10,000 devices sold
- Next day delivery available for last minute rentals
SPOT Gen 3 Tracker Features:
- SOS: Alert emergency services of critical emergencies at the touch of a button
- Help: Let your friends and family know you need help
- Check-in/OK: Let your friends and family know everything is OK
- Custom Messaging: Send your friends and family a custom message
- Interval Tracking: frequencies can be customized and sent from 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes.
- Share Tracking Progress: real time tracking of your journey transmitted to your own URL for friends and family to follow.
- Location-based messaging and emergency notification technology that allows you to communicate from remote locations around the globe
- Uses Globalstar network of satellites to transmit messages and GPS coordinates for others to see.
- GEOS International Emergency Response: allowing you to call for help from remote locations where no mobile signal is availabl
What does the SPOT Tracker Rental Package Include?
- Unlimited Messages including automated tracking, Check-In/OK/Help/Custom Messages and SOS
- Free UK Shipping
- SPOT Tracker Armband
- SPOT Caribiner
- GEOS Emergency Response linked to unit should you need to send for help in a life or death situation
What messages does the SPOT Tracker send?
|Message Type||Description||Message Text|
|Check In/OK||Let contacts know where you are and that you’re okay with a pre-programmed message.||Default: Everything is OK|
|Help||Request help from your friends & family at your GPS location.||Default: I need help at this location|
|Custom Message||Sending a pre-programmed message with your GPS location.||Default: Running late but everything OK|
|Automated Track Points||Will automatically send a track point with your GPS co-ordinates every 10 minutes once initiated. Track points are sent to the online map page rather than your email contacts.||N/A|
If you require anything but the custom message to be programmed differently please let us know.
SPOT Tracker Specification
|Dimensions||3.43" x 2.56" x 1"|
|Weight||114g with lithium batteries|
|Operating Temperature Range||-30 C to + 60 C (-22 F to 140 F)|
|Operating Altitude Range||-100m to 6,500m (-328 ft to + 21,320 ft)|
|IP Rating||IPX7 (can be submersed at 1m for 30 mins)|
|Battery Life||Battery life is dependent on signal strength and frequency of sending messages. We program our SPOT rental devices with 10-minute tracking (your GPS coordinates are transmitted every 10 minutes when you are moving).*|
*Unlimited messages includes all messages SPOT 3 is capable of - delivery of Check-in/OK/Custom messages is to email address only. Automated track points will be sent to the online mapping portal for your followers to view.
** The device will not transmit your coordinates if you are not moving. With an estimated tracking period of 8 hours per day, the anticipated battery life for this tracking function is 45 days assuming you have a 100% clear line of sight to the sky, or 22.5 days assuming a 50% clear line of sight to the sky.
What else do you need to know?
- Please note SPOT Gen3 is a one way device and messages can only be sent from the device, it is incapable of receiving messages. If you require two-way communication please consider our Garmin inReach Explorer+ Rental.
- GTC will not be liable for any expenses related to rescue operations resulting from the use of emergency functions offered by the SPOT tracker, including GEOS rescue expenses and any other emergency service or medical related expense.
Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read all the terms and condition in the contract before you sign. Some important terms and conditions are:
- Rentals cancelled 7 days prior to the rental start date are eligible for a 50% refund of the total rental cost.
- Rentals cancelled 2 days prior to the rental start date are not eligible for a refund.
We do not charge a deposit for your rental. However, you are liable for any loss or damage to the rental equipment. Please refer to our terms and conditions for details of applicable charges. We require a credit card verification payment of £1.00 before your rental can be dispatched to ensure we have the means to collect any payment due as a result of lost or damaged equipment.
Damage or loss charges
The damage or loss of the handset or accessories will result in fee. All other damages or losses subject to inspection and charged at cost of repair or replacement. A detailed pricing list can be found in our terms and conditions.