Why rent your Personal Locator Beacon with GTC?
- Book online
- Next day delivery available
- Device setup and ready to use upon delivery
- £4 ex VAT per day
- NO Deposit required
Renting the McMurdo FastFind 220 PLB
- Please select your dates using the online calendar or complete the contract and 'Sign Up' online. (Please select your start date as the date your trip starts and the end date as the day you will return the McMurdo FastFind 220 PLB rental.)
- Once you receive confirmation for your rental dates, payment for the duration of your trip is required
- We aim to ship your rental to you 1 Business Day ahead of your rental start date, to ensure it arrives in time for your trip
- Once you have used our PLB on your trip, you can either return the phone yourselves to our business address (Global Telesat Communications, 19-25 Nuffield Road, Poole, BH17 0RU) via a trackable courier/postal service, or you can contact us to arrange collection.
McMurdo FastFind 220 PLB Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.4 x 4.7 x 10.6 cm
- Weight: 152g
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +55°C (-4°F to 131°F)
- Operating Battery Life: Up to 24 hours at -20°C
- Waterproof and Buoyant: Supplied with flotation pouch
- GPS: Built-in GPS to fix your position to within a few meters, once activated
- Transmission: Utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites.
- No Programming is required: GTC pre-program this PLB with the UK country code*.
- Activation: Simply activate the PLB by deploying the antenna, pulingl the anti-tamper sealing and press the ON button.
- Strobe Light: The FastFind 220 has a high brightness LED SOS Strobe Light
*All Personal Locator Beacons function anywhere around the world. Preprogramming to the UK Country code means the first authority to be contacted in an emergency situation would be the UK Coastguard Agency in Falmouth who will coordinate with the appropriate Search & Rescue organisation.
Your emergency contacts will be registered with the UK’s Maritime & Coastguard Agency and your PLB rental can be used anywhere in the world to activate a distress signal. It is therefore essential that you inform your emergency contacts of your travels plans, specifically dates of travel and locations you will be travelling to. Should your beacon ever be activated, Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read all the terms and condition in the contract before you sign. Some important terms and conditions are:
- Rentals cancelled 7 days prior to the rental start date are eligible for a 50% refund of the total rental cost.
- Rentals cancelled 2 days prior to the rental start date are not eligible for a refund.
We do not charge a deposit for your rental. However, you are liable for any loss or damage to the rental equipment. Please refer to our terms and conditions for details of applicable charges. We require a credit card verification payment of £1.00 before your rental can be dispatched to ensure we have the means to collect any payment due as a result of lost or damaged equipment.
Damage or loss charges
The damage or loss of the handset or accessories will result in fee. All other damages or losses subject to inspection and charged at cost of repair or replacement. A detailed pricing list can be found in our terms and conditions.