Smaller in size and weight than its predecessor the 9522A, the 9522B can easily be incorporated into a variety of applications by developers. It uses a DPL bus for voice, and data applications are supported via the RS232 serial interface.
The Iridium 9522B is a satellite transceiver that can send and receive voice and data from anywhere around the globe. It is easy to put to use in a variety of applications with any data terminal equipment that RS232 serial interface and AT command set. The following services are supported by the 9522B: dial-up data, direct internet connection, short message service (SMS), short-burst data (SBD), RUDICS, and voice.
The device can be incorporated into a number of end-user applications, e.g. maritime voice telephony terminal, asset tracking etc. All of Iridium's voice and data services are supported by the transceiver and is regulatory approved for FCC, Canada, and CE assuming an antenna with a gain of ~3dBi. The 9522B provides only the core transceiver module and SIM card reader, additional hardware and functionality must be provided by the developer.
The connector provides the following interfaces and connections:
- Analog Audio
- Control / Digital Audio
- Power Input
- On / Off
- LxWxD 162x81x28mm
- Weight (approximate): 420 g
- Operating temperature range: –30°C to +70°C
- Operating humidity range: 25 to 75% RH
- Storage temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
- Storage humidity range: = 93% RH
- Frequency range: 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
- Duplexing method: TDD (Time Domain Duplex)
- Oscillator stability: ± 1.5 ppm
- Input/output impedance: 50 ohms
- Multiplexing method: TDMA/FDMA
- Single-board transceiver
- Very small form factor
- No SIM card
- Simple AT command interface