The world's only truly global satellite communicator with built-in navigation, waypoints and routing.
- As the next generation satellite communicator from DeLorme, inReach Explorer builds on the proven, award-winning technology of the company’s original satellite communicator.
- Combines the latest satellite communication technology and product innovation to make it the most feature-rich, and easy to use satellite communicator that both sends and receives messages available on the market at an affordable price point.
- With a color screen and virtual keyboard, standalone mode provides full, free-form messaging capabilities to any email address, social media posting, the ability to change service modes and configure user settings all without the need for a paired, companion device.
- Offers a sleek, pocket-sized design, intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability, audible message notifications, and a long-lasting internal rechargeable lithium battery for ultimate convenience and portability.
- Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments. Waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes) Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810F for vibration/shock).
- Provides 100% pole-to-pole coverage via the Iridium satellite communications network, with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
- Optional paired mode provides access to unlimited, downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts.
The DeLorme inReach Explorer package includes:
- DeLorme inReach Explorer
- AC adaptor (US adaptor only)
- USB cable
- Quickstart guide
- Navigation capabilities built-in: Follow a route you prepared ahead of time or find your way back with a detailed breadcrumb trail.
- Digital Compass and more: Get heading and bearing info, accurate elevation readings, speed, and moving average using the built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer sensors.
- Waypoints: Easily mark key locations, such as your campsite, truck, etc., by creating waypoint in the field or ahead of time online.
- Colour-coded map view: See a complete overview of your journey, including your planned route, waypoints, tracks, and messages—all geo-located on screen.
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from your phone or email contacts
- Compose and send messages up to 160 characters with or without a companion device
- View incoming messages and receive alert sounds and LED light confirmations for delivery confirmation
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, or your own shared map
- Send and receive 160-character, free-form messages to and from email address, and other inReach users. View and respond to incoming messages directly on the screen.
- Convenient, quick messaging -- Send simple, predefined messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations.
- Delivery confirmation – Audible alerts, built-in LED light, and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
Although advertised by DeLorme as having SMS capability GTC do not recommend using SMS as a method of communication with the DeLorme Explorer. This is because Iridium does not have have agreements in place with all mobile network providers. Therefore SMS sending and receiving can be unreliable. It is better to use email messaging which is far more reliable.
- Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way messaging to describe the nature of your distress in detail and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
- Automatic location tracking
Your pushbutton-activated SOS alert is delivered to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordinating Center, a 24/7/365 U.S.-based operation with highly-trained staffers who will coordinate with the appropriate response entity for your location and situation.
Follow-me/Find-me Tracking and Location:
- Turn on and off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family.
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- GPS position accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Navigate with confidence using DeLorme Topo North America maps, DeLorme Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts
- Unlike streaming maps, your downloaded maps remain available even when outside of cellular coverage
- Free app for smartphone users at iTunes.com or Googleplay.com enables free map downloads
- Colour screen offers an easily understood visual display and satellite signal status
- Predictive virtual keyboard makes for easy text message and email composition
2 Year Warranty:
- The DeLorme inReach Explorer comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Transform your mobile device into a global satellite communication and navigation tool when you pair your inReach via Bluetooth with our Earthmate app:
- Real-time GPS location, tracking and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anywhere in the world.
- Unlimited downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts on your paired mobile device when downloaded via an Internet connection. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device’s address book for easy message sending
- View all your previous trips and messages
- Give family and friends peace of mind with the ability to see your GPS coordinates, breadcrumb trail and initiate a message exchange with you from DeLorme’s exclusive MapShare portal.
- Manage your inReach device with our Explore portal, including:
- Pre-load messages to your inReach.
- Set-up access to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Manage your account and settings, including emergency contacts.
- Update your inReach firmware.
- Dimensions: 5.83"H x 2.46"W x 1.04"D
- Weight: 6.7 oz
- IP67 rating: Dustproof, waterproof (submersion in water for 1 minute), and impact resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Operating temperature: -20 C to +60 C (-4 F to 140 F)
- Storage temperature range: -40 C to +85 C (-40 F to 185 F)
- Battery charging temperature range: 0 C to +45 C (32 F to 113 F)
- Pairs to compatible Apple and Android devices via Bluetooth
- GPS chipset for remote tracking and embedding location coordinates in all sent messages. Accuracy +/- 5 meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent