The Explorer 710 is the smallest class 1 BGAN terminal is at the forefront of a new era of high speed ultra-portable satellite streaming.
This BGAN terminal is light, compact, tough and provides incredibly reliable broadband when cellular or wireless networks are unavailable or not reliable. The Cobham Explorer 710 is a sophisticated high-speed ultra-portable communication tool for broadcasting and other IP based industry applications.
What is Included?
- Explorer 710 Transceiver & Antenna
- Rechargeable Lithium ion Battery
- 0.1m Antenna Cables
- 2m ISDN/LAN Cable
- 115/230VAC Power Supply
- Quick Start Guide, CD with Manuals
Cobham Explorer 710 Key Features:
Near Global Coverage
Cobham Explorer 710 provide near-global data connectivity via the Inmarsat Satellite network. View coverage map >
This BGAN terminal is easy-to-use and as the smallest Class 1 BGAN terminal, it is extremely portable.
The Cobham 710 is the first and only BGAN terminal to support BGAN HDR, the new on-demand streaming service from Inmarsat. In fact, demand streaming speeds are at 650 kbps; setting a new standard for mobile video newsgathering.
This Satellite Terminal introduces smartphone apps to the world of BGAN connectivity, enabling users to wirelessly connect their own devices for voice calling and connectivity.
The advanced plug and play bonding features are available on the Cobham 710. Simply connect two Explorer 710 units and nearly double the streaming rates.
Key Markets for the Cobham Explorer 710:
The Cobham Explorer 710 provides solutions to remote field users who require high-speed Internet for today's work flow. Also, Broadcasters who need 'guaranteed' bandwidth for reliable live video streaming, benefit from using this Cobham BGAN terminal.
Our online mapping portal can track your Cobham Explorer 710 to provide real-time information via your GPS location. Any person provided with the login can become an operator to monitor any number of GSM or satellite assets simultaneously in-real time and historically on both the Basic and Professional plans.
Key benefits include:
- Geo-Fencing capabilities (Professional Plan only)
- Alert options available, with varying degrees of urgency for operator and device holder
- Global Tracking
- Multiple layer options and map views
- Inclusive to all devices with GPS tracking capabilities
- Past-tracking data points are always accessible, until the device is de-activated
- Mapping and asset grouping customisation options are available
- Data Reporting and Scheduling functions
- Notifications and alerts can be sent directly to the holder of the device
GTCTrack Basic Mapping
Available from just £6.50 ex VAT a month per device and provides location-based data from your device to the online maps. The tracking equipment determines its location by triangulating a position using GPS (Global Positioning System) and then transmits this information via GSM, Satellite, or VHF to a central server for processing.
- Suitable for users with single devices
- Excludes Geo-Fencing
- Pay upfront annually to receive a discounted subscription of £65 ex VAT per year
GTCTrack Professional Mapping
Available from just £12.50 ex VAT month per device and allows you to track multiple devices on the same map in addition to features available on the Basic plan. This plan is essential for businesses or organisers managing multiple devices to be able to track the movements of individuals and assets.
- Suitable for users requiring access to multiple devices under one login
- Inlcudes Geo-Fencing
- Fee is applicable per device
- Pay upfront annually to receive a discounted subscription of £140 ex VAT per year