The Thuraya GmPRS data service enables a continuous "always on" internet connectivity which is ideal for users who demand a reliable and convenient method of browsing the internet, sending and receiving emails and accessing other online applications.
- Faster data transmission speeds than Thuraya's basic data service - up to 60kbps downlink and up to 15kbps uplink.
- Unlike Thuraya's basic data service, GmPRS usage is charged on the volume of data sent and received rather than the duration of the data call.
- All you need is a Thuraya handset, active SIM, USB cable (included with phone) and computer.
- Public static IP addresses are available.
How much does Thuraya GmPRS cost?
Thuraya Pay As You Go SIM Cards
- Thuraya Pay As You Go SIM cards incur a GmPRS activation fee of 20 units.
- There is no ongoing subscription fee.
- Data is charged at approximately 5 units per MB.
Thuraya Pay Monthly SIM Cards
- Thuraya Pay Monthly SIM cards do not incur an activation fee.
- There are 3 Thuraya GmPRS plans to choose from:
Thuraya Light GmPRS Plan - includes 5 MB - $23 per month in addition to basic monthly fee
Thuraya Smart GmPRS Plan - includes 15 MB - $62 per month in addition to basic monthly fee
Thuraya Pro GmPRS Plan - includes - 35 MB - $118 per month in addition to basic monthly fee
- Additional data is charged at $4.62/MB.