The SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger offers one-way communication, SOS alerting and follow-me tracking all in a small and simple to use device. It works in areas of the world where no other forms of communication exist, including oceans, deserts and mountains ensuring that it is not only an invaluable line of communication with friends and family but a potentially lifesaving piece of kit if the worst should happen and you find yourself in an emergency situation.
The SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger is the latest product in a multiple award winning range of SPOT devices but it offers great new and enhanced services including motion-activated tracking. The SPOT Gen3 has a vibration sensor that tells it to send track updates when you are moving and to stop when you do; regardless of the level of tracking that you choose (Basic, Unlimited or Extreme). This means that you don’t have to remember to reset your tracking after 24 hours, as was the case with previous SPOT devices, and is also a great new battery-saving feature. On top of this the SPOT Gen3 has approximately twice the battery life of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger and more options to power it including Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x Batteries, Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries and line power with a 5v USB Connection.
The SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger also offers new tracking options:
- Unlimited Tracking: Set it and forget it. Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn’t stop until you do.
- Extreme Tracking: Get all of the great features of Unlimited Tracking, but with the added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 ½ minutes. Don’t miss a step with increased track rates!
As well as these new features the SPOT Gen3 has all of the basic features that you would expect from a SPOT device:
- S.O.S.: With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams – for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.
- Check In: Let family and friends know you’re ok when you’re out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
- Help/SPOT Assist: Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT Assist for professional services on land or water. (Additional service required).
- SPOT Assist: SPOT Assist allows you to notify third-party towing professionals of your request for assistance on land or water. (Additional service required).
- Custom Message: Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button.
- Tracking: Allow friends and family to follow your progress online in near real-time and save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date.
Easy to carry, the SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger weighs just 114 grams including batteries and fits in the palm of your hand. It is proven to be one of the best value for money lifesaving and communications devices that you can carry when travelling in remote areas so head to our website to order one soon!