The IsatPhone Pro from Inmarsat is the only satellite phone with a dedicated in-built Twitter menu which makes it excellent for those on expeditions wanting to keep followers back home updated in a quick and easy manner. Here we look at getting your Twitter account up and running.
Firstly to ensure that your IsatPhone Pro has the in-built Twitter menu make sure your handset has the latest firmware installed. Check this by going to Menu > Settings > About > Firmware version. You need version 5.3.0, if it is not up-to-date please first install the latest firmware by going to:
Once you have the correct firmware you need to link your Twitter account with your IsatPhone Pro phone number. Do this by:
- Logging into your Twitter account online
- Go to Settings > Mobile
- Under Country/Region scroll to the bottom and select Inmarsat
- Enter your Inmarsat number (excluding the 870)
- Twitter will then ask you to send an SMS from the IsatPhone Pro to set-up the service.
To send a Tweet from your IsatPhone Pro
- Menu > Messaging > New Message > New Message > Tweet
- Type your message as you would a normal Tweet
- When you have finished press Options > Tweet
- Each Tweet is charged at the same rate as your SMS fee
Not only can you send tweets you can also choose whether you wish to receive updates from users chosen by you, change account settings and much more. For a detailed guide please see: